Lyme disease hit us !!!

I haven't posted in 3 months. 

I was too tired.

I had brain fog.

Body aches and pains. 

Thought I was lazy and unmotivated. 

On June 22, 2015, Marley had a fever. Nothing tangible, no sore throat or any skin eruptions. Lasted 3 days.  Doctor couldn't figure it out either.  Figured it was just her body fighting something off. Fever broke on June 25th. No biggie. 
But on June 28 we were at a friends birthday BBQ and it suddenly came back for two days!!! And went away again! Weird......but, ok, her body is fighting off a stomach thing. So I thought. 
On July 3 Marley woke up covered in a strange looking rash. They looked like bullseye's!!! She was covered in them. She looked like a giraffe!!!!!!!

Just one side of her arm

On one side of her back

told hubby to take her to the doctor, but everyone thought I was over reacting. 

NEVER TELL AN AUTISM MOM SHE IS OVER REACTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I was also brutally tired and thought maybe I was being over sensitive. After all, who gets bit by so many ticks!!! Figured it was an allergic reaction to mosquito bites. Gave her allergy medicine. Didn't work. Ugh!!!!
So on July 6, off to the doctor she went with Bob, I was at work.  

Sure enough..............it was Lyme disease. I felt like someone kicked me in the gut.  Treatment started that day. 

Meanwhile, I was feeling very off the last few months. I went to a new doctor on July 2, 2015 and she was actually interested in what I had to say. She didn't dismiss my extreme fatigue. Or my muscle pain. Or my joint pain. Or my quick onset severe headaches. She even asked me questions about other symptoms I've had and have been diagnosed with other ailments. Hmmmmmm.......I felt like she was onto something.  
She decided to give me a slew of blood tests and some where for immunologic disorders, and others for Lyme and its co-infections. Ummmmmm...ok, whatever that means.
On July 9, the other shoe drops (on my 12th wedding anniversary, no less) ... I also have Lyme disease. And one of its buddies, the co-infection Babesia. Because when I do something, I do it right!!!!! Ugh! Turns out Babesia is a parasite that lives in red blood cells. Wonderful. Treatment started that day!!!

I also discovered that my neighbors 19 year old daughter has Lyme disease. She was diagnosed 2 weeks before Marley. Obviously something is going on in my neighborhood. 
Bob decided he needed to get tested also. Because Bob is the one that mows the lawn, he continuously finds ticks on himself. On July 20th Bob was also tested for Lyme and its co-infections. 

I am happy to know that I am not lazy or unmotivated. I am ill. I plan on being very aggressive with my Lyme and Babesiosis. Marley's Lyme was caught quick enough that I think 2 rounds of antibiotics will get everything. Me, on the other hand, have been feeling crappy for a long while. The doctor did tell me that my treatment will probably take from 3 -6 months.  I don't care how long it takes, I just want those buggers out of my red blood cells!!!!! 

I will update on here about how this is affecting Marley's autism also.  I'm hoping it doesn't, but we shall see. 
I hope my ramblings didn't bore you all, but I did promise I was back and I go on and flake out.  If any one has questions please ask me. Or even any information on the co-infection.  

Don't forget that I also have the sensory toys and book links on the side if you need for your child(ren) or yourself.  I would greatly appreciate it. ❤️😘😍

Love and good health to everyone !

Vanessa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of play with your ASD child.

My personal outlet......

Update !