I'm back !!!

Well, I'm back. Thanks to a friend of mine that I've known since third grade. He's the one that gave me the kick in the pants.  Thanks Jay!!!!
I haven't blogged in a few months. Sometimes life gets in the way!!! As you may have already noticed, I've done some updating and I changed the name of my blog. I feel the new name gives my blog more definition. My daughters mind is the most magical place I've ever witnessed.  
Not much has really happened since my last post. Routine in my house is so strict that I get into autopilot. In some ways it's good because I always know what's going to happen next.  But in other ways it gets a bit stifling. And when things get monotonous the brain shuts down! 
I did get laid off in the beginning of the year and we got a dog. A lab mix named Luna Belle. Those are pretty major changes for a family that has an autistic member.  The lay off really didn't affect her very much because I was always home by the time she got off the school bus.  And I was the one that put her on the bus in the morning.


The new dog, on the other hand, was a pretty big change.  Marley didn't take to Luna as we had hoped. Luna was from the Monmouth County SPCA. Her name was originally Sallie. She was almost 3 months old and had a cone on. The volunteers told us that she had a slight infection on her belly. She was originally from South Carolina and had arrived a few days before we met her. She had the sweetest face and the best disposition. We fell in love right away. What we didn't realize was that Marley had a preset notion of what she wanted and expected from having a dog. She expected the dog to be calm and automatically understand all commands. Her only experience with dogs was with our neighbors Shi-tzu, Spike. Spike is 7 years old, calm and already fully trained with commands. Luna was 3 months old, sweet but hyper. Luna would get over excited and try to jump on Marley because she wanted to play. Poor Marley had to endure about a week of Bob and I training Luna to not jump on anyone, especially Marley, when she became excited. The training worked, but now Marley had a bad taste in her mouth! Luna is very sweet, eager to please and very intelligent. I think once Luna learns to calm down and Marley learns how to handle Luna, it'll all work out. 
Luna Belle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of play with your ASD child.

My personal outlet......

Update !